Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Confessions From Cupid part 2

Love is a tender affection which surpasses the vapid emotions of every day life and arises in the quieter moments of appreciation.  That is when it is most acutely felt, a wild tenderness that makes the senses tingle -- but it is always there.  In the little things we do each day; a gesture, a smile.  Love is an undercurrent, a rhythm to which we live. -- Feb. 14
***
I want someone who loves me.  I want someone I can be crazy about.  Someone I can make bad jokes with and not feel self-conscious around.  Someone to laugh with and talk to forever.  To hold and be held by.  To appreciate, to get excited about, to be ridiculous with.  To love.
***
I wrote that above bit on February 18, 2008.  One month before I met Nathan.  It's interesting to see how reality compares with fantasy, when I'd been curious about what makes any relationship work for so long.  For me, the reality of being in his arms is better than any person I could have imagined. :)

No comments: