Saturday, December 13, 2008

synchroblog #3: christmas

For me, Christmas has always been a time of good cheer and companionship.  It's a time when giving is emphasized more than getting, and (though there are some who always cherish it), a time when song is truly appreciated.  Here are a few aspects of this time of year which make my Christmas:
Christmas is...
-- tromping through muddy groves to find the perfect tree
-- lying in my sisters room waiting for Santa to come
-- barely getting any sleep on Christmas Eve, being soooo excited for the following morning
-- going to shops to see their christmas displays
-- gazing at the shimmering lights on our Christmas tree and getting lost in their colors (when I was little I would climb beneath it and lay there for hours, thinking and playing make-believe)
-- touring around town to see what decorations people have put up
-- having two weeks to read read read!!!!
-- haring Christmas carols so much you could have them, but loving them anyway
-- watching various Christmas classics with the family: "It's A Wonderful Life," "The Snowman," "Peanuts Christmas," "Claymation Christmas," "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas," 
"Rudolf," etc.
-- making Christmas cards for my friends, and watching our house's "card wall" fill with cards from others
-- attending the Christmas ceremonies at my church

other synchrobloggers:
http://thissideoftomorrow.blogspot.com/
http://lissalo.blogspot.com/2008/12/synchroblog-christmas-season.html

1 comment:

Kelvin Oliver said...

The season of Christmas is in your heart. I remember living in St. Louis my mom and I had a real Christmas tree, but when we moved to Memphis we had to get a fake one. Imagine having a fake tree LOL. I do enjoy hearing the music and seeing classic movies (certain ones). As I grow older, the holiday does not seem the same; a lot different and just totally has a weird feeling. Nevertheless, I'm glad to finally read other people perspectives on the Season of Christmas.