Sunday, December 21, 2008

happy holidays

today's been rainy but pleasant, seeing as i've spent most of it inside.  some of my mom's side of the family visited, and it was nice to catch up with my cousin Jamie Lynn (we had a great time attempting to do this turtle puzzle... kinda like a rubix cube but not quite) and discuss books with my Uncle Dave (he's a history teacher and is always interested in hearing what i'm reading in school and out, particularly now seeing as he teaches high school).  my sister and my aunt Marilyn had fashionable discussions (marilyn is the most fashionable person i've ever met; she can pick out cute stuff for anyone without having seen them in ages: size, color, and all... she has a gift for style).  my mom's cousin Janet (what would that make her in relation to me? second cousin?) is a librarian and a very colorful woman, which makes for nice conversation.  my uncle jamie is the computer/SF expert, and his areas of expertise were called upon multiple times during conversation. all in all it was a lovely experience.  it's always neat to catch up with them, and the company was reminiscent of days of yore.  except we used to meet at my grandfathers for Christmas, and all my other cousins would be there too... but they've grown up.  Gin's graduating college this year! goodness, i'm even a sophomore... time flies (*sings One Song Glory from RENT*)

the early hours of the day were spent preparing for guests and reading.  i literally read more of my book this morning than i have in the past month.  speaking of which, i think i'll return to the lovable lives of the March sisters...
happy holidays!

No comments: